Temporary Body Art Events & Artists
Temporary Body Art Event
A Temporary Body Art Event is an event where three or more artists gather to showcase and demonstrate their talent lasting no more than seven consecutive days in a single building, or structure, in conjunction with a single event.
- The applicant is licensed by the State of Texas;
- The applicant shall submit a drawing of the floor plan of the event space;
- There shall be a minimum of 50 square feet of floor space for each operator (Two operators per 100 sq. ft. space) in the event, and stations shall be separated by dividers, curtains or partitions at least three feet high;
- An approved hand wash station must be provided with-in ten feet of every booth with no barriers between the booth and the sink. The station must have 100°F water, soap, disposable paper towels, trash can, enclosed fresh & waste water catch tank;
- There shall be an area which may be screened from public view for clients requesting privacy;
- There shall be at least one sharp container per booth adequate in size for needles;
- There shall be at least one biohazard container per booth adequate in size for hazardous waste.
Temporary Body Artist
A Temporary Artist is an artist that applies for a permit to showcase and demonstrate their talent lasting no more than seven consecutive days in a single building, structure, in conjunction with a single event.
- Any person making application for a temporary body art permit shall provide any and all such information as the director may deem necessary to assist them in determination whether the issuance of the permit is appropriate:
- Any person that has been denied a license or permit previously from the WFWCPHD may not be granted a temporary license;
- Temporary artist permit shall last for no longer than seven consecutive days;
- No more than four temporary artist permits will be issued in a continuous 12 month period;
- Artist must use all pre-sterilized disposable equipment, unless the organizer provides a decontamination/sterilization area equipped with an ultrasonic cleaner and medical grade autoclave;
- All artists must provide a current copy of blood borne pathogen training;
- Must provide a copy of aftercare instructions to clients;
- No reusable cloth items will be allowed.