What is Required to Register a Vacant Structure?

Please click the following link for our online application (add link)

General registration requirements include: 

  • Address and legal description of property
  • Name/contact information of property owner/corporate entity
  • Contact information for local manager of the properties
  • Proof of Liability Insurance – minimum $100K or surety for value of the structure if insurance cannot be obtained
  • Plan of Action Form (form provided by the City) - detailing timeline for correcting violations, rehab, maintenance (while vacant) and future use of the structure
  • Complete floor plan of the property for use by first responders
  • Completed annual interior inspection by Development Services Department
  • Criminal trespass affidavits filed with WFPD & “No Trespass” placards posted on property
  • Written notice to the Director within 30 days if ownership or
  • Contact information of either owner or designated property manager change
  • Registration required until structure is occupied and in compliance with City Codes/Ordinances


Vacant structures will be required to register annually with the City until the structure is occupied and in compliance with the ordinance.


Show All Answers

1. What is the Vacant Structure Registry Ordinance (DT VSRO)?
2. When will the Ordinance Be Implemented?
3. Which Properties Have to Comply with the DT VSRO?
4. Which Buildings are Considered Vacant?
5. How Long Do I Have to Register My Vacant Structure?
6. What is Required to Register a Vacant Structure?
7. What are the Registration Fees?
8. Who is Responsible for Compliance with DT VSRO?
9. Who Do I Contact for Questions I May Have?
10. Where Can I Get a Copy of the Ordinance?
11. How do I Keep Up-to-Date on Downtown Redevelopment Efforts by the City?