2023 City of Wichita Falls General Election will be held on November 7, 2023
Candidates that have filed for a place on the ballot:
Mayor: Tim Short, Carol Murray, Beverly Taylor Ellis
Write-In Scott Poenitzsch
Councilor District 3: Cathy Dodson, Jeff Browning
Councilor District 4: Samuel Pak, Mike Battaglino, Kevin Hunter
Councilor District 5: Steve Jackson, Tom Taylor
The upcoming General Election of 2024:
The 2024 Municipal General Election for the City of Wichita Falls, Texas, will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2024, for the purpose of electing a Councilor At-Large, Councilor District 1, and Councilor District 2.
Candidates for the positions must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have lived in Wichita Falls and the district (if filing for councilor) for 12 months immediately preceding the deadline for filing for a place on the ballot.
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities of that felony conviction and provide proof of that fact with the submission of the application for a place on the ballot.
- Be a registered voter in the territory from which the office is elected as of the date of the filing deadline for a candidate's place on the ballot (for write-in candidates, as of the date of the election).
Those wishing to become candidates must file an application for a place on the ballot, along with a filing fee of $100 or a petition signed by at least 50 qualified voters in the city (or district if filing for a councilor position). Applications are available at the City Clerk’s office or can be downloaded below. Filing for a place on the ballot begins on July 20, 2024, and runs through 5 p.m. on August 19, 2024. Applications must be filed with the City Clerk.
For more information about the filing requirements, see Sections 10, 11, and 12 of the City Charter, Sections 2-28 and 2-29 of the Code of Ordinances, and the Texas Election Code Chapter 277.
Marie Balthrop, City Clerk
1300 7th Street, Room 104
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
For any questions regarding voter registration or absentee ballots, please contact:
Robin Fincannon, Elections Administrator
900 7th Street, Room 250
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
(940) 766-8100 Option 1, Option 7
You can also check your voter registration online through the Secretary of State.